27 December 2014

Hero 616 Fountain Pens (Part I)

Buying affordable (China) fountain pens has hit me like a wave!
For the past weeks, I have been searching for affordable fountain pen to try;
and I was recommended to get the Hero 616 fountain pen, which is similar to Parker 51 fountain pen. 

To be cost effective (and to be generous), I ordered a pack of 10s of the Hero 616,
which comes in it's 3 colors - Green, Red & Black.

It comes with a (slightly off-position) needle nib which is the same at Extra Fine.  
Seriously, the off-position doesn't bother me much. 

I test drive the pen by dipping it into Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black ink, which turns out to be alright - but the needle nib tends to be a little scratchy. 


Last night, I took a Green Hero 616, and loaded it with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise. 
This is my first time using Pelikan 4001 Turquoise ink, and I like it's outcome. 

Later today: 
I'll loaded my Black with Pelikan 4001 Blue Black ink, and the Red with Pelikan Brown ink. 

In the next post, I'll will also share the "exploded" views of this fun pen. 

Stay tune.

2 comments:

  1. The hood can be screw out easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joven, are you referring to the nib?
      I heard from another reader that she had replaced her nib, and i really wonder how she did it.

      Delete